VIU Nanaimo Campus Looking West

Service Requests

Please Note: Internet Explorer web browser is required to submit all service request forms.

1. Work Order Request

To request general maintenance or small improvements (such as hanging pictures or installing shelves), please submit a Work Order Request. Please note, certain types of work will be charged-back to your department.

For urgent/emergency requests, please contact the Facilities Services office @ 250 740-6500 or Campus Security @ 250 740-6600.

2. Project Request

To request a new project, please complete a Project Request form. A project request is necessary for larger pieces of work that include multiple tasks (normally $2,000+). These are capital upgrades such as: renovations, furniture reconfigurations, changes to electrical / mechanical systems, new flooring, fixtures etc. This link will open an email form in MS Outlook; instructions are included therein.

3. Confidential Shredding Pick-up Request

Complete the Material Handling Form to request pick up of paper to be shredded.

4. Fleet Vehicle Request

Complete the online Fleet Vehicle Request Form located under Fleet Vehicles under Guide to Services.

5. Heating & Cooling Problem

Report a Heating or Cooling problem in your area.

6. Janitorial Request

a) To report janitorial issues please send concerns to

b) For additional janitorial requests please complete the Janitorial Request Form. Note: additional services may be charged back to the requesting department.

c) ADDITIONAL BULK RECYCLING PICK-UP - please submit a Material Handling Form to request pick up.

7. Key / Card Access Request

Employees needing keys and/or card access are required to submit separate online Key / Card Access requests.

KEY and ACCESS CARD Charge backs

Prices subject to change without notice

Staff ID/ACCESS Card (obtain through the Photo ID centre)


FOB (new and replacement)


Key cutting first key


Lock cyclinder change (due to lost keys)


Keying Floor Plans

8. Move and Material Handling Request

Please complete the Material Handling Form. If additional information is required, Facilities Services will contact you. Please note that if a computer move is required, please fill out a Work Order Request.

Material Handling requests are used for:

  • Moving boxes or furniture;
  • Supply of any available surplus furniture from storage;
  • Pick up shredding/destruction of confidential documents;
  • Rental of tent tops for special events;
  • Ordering of official letterhead;
  • Ordering of exam booklets.

9. Sign Request

New-style signs (as shown adjacent to the right) are the VIU standard.

Old-style signs are available only where necessary to integrate with existing facilities.

Sign Request Order Form

Other VIU Departmental Request Links

Purchase Order Request

CLOSE X Facilities Services and Campus Development